skip to Main Content

Planning the best course of action

Employee or Self-employed, plan how to maximize your tax return. See how you use your tax credits and tax deductions to get more money back this tax season.

We do tax filing from personal to corporate and everything else in between. You may have a mix of Personal, Self-Employed, Small Business, Investments, Dependencies, and more. For that reason, we do tax filing while optimizing your personal situation. No matter how simple or complex it is, we assure you the best service.

Easiest way to file your taxes online!

Simply send your document by email wherever you are and we will take care rest of the processing.

Gather your documents
Drop off your documents

No appointment needed. Call and drop to our office any time.

T1 Personal + Self-Employed Tax Returns

As a rule of thumb the following are the sources of income tax slips that are usually seen apart from the personal tax return:

  • Employment Income- T4, T4A
  • Pension and Annuities- T4A, T4A(OAS), T4A(P), T4RIF, T4RSP
  • Investment Income- T5, T3, T600, T5008, T5013 OR T5013A
  • Foreign Assets
  • Rental Income
  • Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) Income- T4RSP
  • Schedule of Capital Gains and Losses
  • Income from Self Employment
  • Debt Forgiveness
  • Other Income, including the following slips- T4E, T4PS, T5007, RC62, RC210

The following is a list of deductions that may be identifiable in your personal tax return:

  • Membership Fees, Union and Professional Dues
  • Moving Expenses
  • Child Care Expenses
  • Disability Support Expenses
  • Expenses Relating to a Rental Property
  • Employment Expenses- Form 2200
  • Allowable Business Investment Losses (ABIL)
  • Legal Fees
  • Stock Options
  • Income Tax Installments Paid
  • Pension Adjustment Reversal/Past Service Pension Adjustments- T10/T215
  • Fines, Penalties and Levies

Tax Credits

The government of Canada also gives several tax credits to individuals on their personal tax returns based on their personal situations. The following is a list of tax credits that are commonly seen used on a T1 return:

  • Medical Expenses
  • Charitable Donations
  • Spousal Exemption
  • Disability Amounts- T2201
  • Adoption Expenses
  • Tuition, Fees and Education Amounts- T2202 or T2202A
  • Interest Paid on Student Loans
  • Caregiver Amounts
tax credits
Back To Top